Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
BBA is a 3 years course and can be pursued after 12th.
Commerce students who aim to pursue MBA as their post graduation can consider BBA as a stepping stone. Subjects studied in BBA will help them a lot in pursuing MBA, project work and personality development. Students from other streams can also consider BBA course for their graduation however, they will have to work harder for getting their basics right and catch up with the syllabus covered in 11th and 12th.
BBA can help you to take up a job in banking, finance, marketing etc. sectors. Pursuing MBA after industrial experience is always beneficial and will boost your career. Dynamic students can also start their own venture after studying the intricacies of business during the 3 years of the course.
Any student who has completed 12th from Gujarat board, central board or any other board is eligible to apply for BBA. Most of the collages provide admission on the merit list prepared on the basis of the 12th standard marks (any stream). However, there are few collages like NIRMA which also conducts an entrance exam. BBA courses are offered by business schools, arts and science colleges in Gujarat.
Difference between BBA & BCom.
- Graduation in BBA focuses more on the practical aspects of commerce along with theory whereas B.Com focuses more on theory than practical.
- If one focuses on pursuing MBA as PG or starting your own business than he/she should opt for BBA whereas if one wants to go for CA/ICWA/CS/ MCom then he/she should opt for BCom.
- After BBA you can work for banking, consultancy, finance, FMCG & consumer durables, IT companies and advertising. After BCom you can work in banks, consultancy firms, tax practitioner, junior accountant.
- KS School of Business Management, Ahmedabad
- Chimanbhai Patel Institute, Ahmedabad
- Narayana Business School
- Amity Global Business School
- Som Lalit Institute of Business Administration
- Vivekananda College, Surat
- Anand Commerce College
- B.K. Majumdar Institute of Business Administration
- B.R.C.M. College of Business Administration
- BJ Vanijya Mahavidyalaya
- Department of Management Studies, Hemchandracharya North Gujarat University
- Faculty of Business Administration, Dharmsinh Desai University
- Faculty of Commerce, Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda
- L.J. Institute of Business Administration
- Narsinhbhai Institute of Computer Studies & Management (Kadi)
- National Institute of Co-Operative Management (Gandhinagar)
- Shri G.K. & C.K. Bosamia Arts & Commerce CollegeShri G.K. & C.K. Bosamia Arts & Commerce College
- Swami Sahajanand College of Commerce & Management
Subjects in first year
BBA first year comprises of two semesters. Following subjects will be taught in the first year, divided in two semesters:
- Principles of Management
- Business Mathematics
- Business Statistics
- Business economics
- Financial and management Accounting
- Production and Material Management
- Personal Management and Industrial Relations
- Marketing Management
- Business Data Processing
- Business Laws
- Communication Skills
- Forms of business organizations
- Growth and structure of industries
Subjects in second year
- Skills (English – II)/ personality development
- Human resourse management
- Financial management
- Business statistics
- Marketing management
- Company accounts / corporate accounting.
- Economic analysis
- Practical studies.
Third year BBA
- Production & Materials
- Management business environment
- Enterprenuership and project management
- Cost and management accountancy
- Business taxation
- Advanced financial management
- Advance marketing management
- Project work
There might be certain differences in the above mentioned subjects depending upon the universities.